Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Trinity Prayer

My life has been recently impacted by the use of the Jesus Prayer. And being inspired by the usefulness of this simple powerful prayer I wrote another simple prayer that I would like to share.

The Jesus Prayer is simply this:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

The language is simple and yet very powerful and intentional. You submit to Jesus the Messiah as your Lord. Then you proclaim His deity. Then admit your need for His help. And finally you admit your own sinfulness.

I call my prayer, possibly pretentiously, The Trinity Prayer:
Holy Trinity I pray to you, and you alone
For though it grieves me, I am a sinner
Yahweh, God the Father, crucify my sins today
For though it grieves me, I am a sinner
Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, resurrect my life today
For though it grieves me, I am a sinner
Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, make me one with God and Your Church today
For though it grieves me, I am a sinner

No comments:

Post a Comment